A commitment to burn your excess fat can lead to overall improvements to your fitness. So to experience a healthy lifestyle, you must choose a type of cardiovascular exercise to burn fat. When it comes to weight loss, the goal is always to burn calories. Most healthy adults need to exercise for 60 to 90 minutes most days of the week to lose weight.
Treadmill and elliptical are two commonly cardio machines found in gyms. Both machines can offer an efficient cardiovascular workout and help burn calories and improve aerobic capacity, but both machines have unique benefits and drawbacks. With Treadmill and elliptical trainer, more major muscle groups do an exercise and results overall calorie burn.
Buying exercise equipment for home is a superb idea. It gives you the liberty to workout whenever you want and can truly help you workout more due to the convenience. There are so many exercise machines available in the market and sometimes it can be very confusing to choose the best one for your needs. Treadmills and elliptical machines are very popular right now but some people argue that elliptical can burn more calories. Which one is better for overall fat loss? On the other hand some say the treadmill is better as it works your whole body.
Treadmill vs. Elliptical: Which machine burn more fat?
Both treadmill and elliptical machines help you burn fat, maintain good cardiovascular health and boost energy levels but here are some benefits with pros and cons to help you in choosing the one appropriate for you.
Treadmill is one of the trendy cardiovascular machine for weight loss because of the high per-minute calorie burn it can offer. This is wonderful machine if you love jogging, running or walking. Treadmill gives you an opportunity to work out even during harsh weather circumstances.
This is the time when even the most committed runners avoid going out for a run. The treadmill is also good for beginners because it has diverse intensity levels that you can increase as you get more fit. Here are some pros and cons of you need to consider while having your own treadmill.
Here are some pones:
- The treadmill is recognizable and follows natural movement for walking, jogging, or running.
- Boosting your body weight requires extensive exertion. Treadmill offers high work output i.e. your body will burn calories at a higher rate.
- Contrary to popular belief, running and walking can help strengthen your bones and muscles which can aid your posture and sustainability as you age.
- Treadmills have been around since 1800’s and are at every gym and many homes. They have been researched, developed, and perfected more than any other piece of cardio equipment
Here are some cones:
- Some studies show that the size of the strap can cause people to change the way they walk or run, leading to muscle imbalances and posture problems.
- Running on an incline is hard. Most people will intrinsically gravitate towards machines they find to be the most comfortable and use that specific machine as a way to burn calories.
- Running on a treadmill can put stress on your spine, hips, knee, and ankle joints, particularly if you do not warm up, or stretch, or run on it all the time with too much volume.
The elliptical machine was designed as a low-impact cardio machine that works your lower body similarly to how running does. Some elliptical machines allow you to adjust the incline, increase the incline to burn more calories.Use of an elliptical machine involves more synchronization than using a treadmill as you’re using both your upper and lower body to do the exercise. While working out on the elliptical trainer, your feet do not leave the pedals. It is sometimes called a cross trainer as it provides a whole body workout. Whiles buying elliptical you need to go through the below given pros and cons.
Here are some pones:
- The elliptical allows your body to follow a running motion without causing the exhausting impact on your joints.
- Most elliptical trainers are now set with moveable handles which allow you to exercise your upper body and lower body all together.
- People actually work harder than actually perceived when operating an elliptical. So, the elliptical can burn close to the same amount of calories with less effort.
Here are some cones:
- Elliptical pedals are suspended off the ground they lack the “weight-bearing effect” that is used when running. Weight-bearing exercises fortify bones and muscles and are mainly important for older people in preventing osteoporosis.
- Operating an elliptical, particularly on lower levels, can allow you to use the machines momentum to power the machine.
Besides all above mentioned both the treadmill and elliptical trainer are excellent cardio machines. Both burn nearly same calories, so the best workout for you depends on your own fitness and weight loss objectives. Treadmill is a better simulation of real walking or running, while elliptical feel easier. Elliptical is also slightly easier on your knees and joints.