Know how long does shrooms stay in your system. Shroom sounds strange. It is an actually short form of magic mushroom. Shrooms are generally taken for the high and are labeled psilocybin mushrooms, which commonly refers to over 200 species of mushrooms containing the active psychedelic compound known as “psilocybin.”
Psilocybin itself is a prodrug. It means that it is inactive until ingested and broken down within the body through the process of metabolism. Upon metabolism , psilocybin changes into psilocin, which acts as a partial agonist at 5-HT1A, 5-HT1D, 5-HT2D receptors. It increases dopamine level within the basal ganglia.
As a result, users of magic mushrooms start experiencing supernatural things. This includes dilation of time, mood changes (e.g. euphoria), dissociation, mystical/spiritual experiences, and hallucinations (visual and/or auditory). Due to the hallucinogenic and psychotomimetic properties of psilocybin, many individuals use the drug with spiritual intentions and/or to explore altered states of consciousness.
It is also said that psilocybin may treat depression and facilitate long-term personality changes like increasing the trait of “openness” for over a year after a single ingestion. It is a fact that some individuals have favorable experiences with psilocybin.
But at the same time, there are some others who experience adverse effects such as anxiety, increased depression, low mood, and paranoia. In some cases, these adverse effects may linger and user wonders that how long “shrooms” stay in his/her system.
How Long Do Shrooms Stay in Your System?
If you are also interested in the answer to this question then keep on reading, you will find relevant information below.
Effects of Shrooms on human body
Firstly, you should know that what exactly Shrooms do with your body. Then you can decide whether you can bear it or not and for how long. So once you take shrooms, following actions takeplace with in your body:
- Your body starts absorbing the psilocybin by converting it into psilocin.
- The receptor site will take it because the chemical structure of psilocin and serotonin is similar. Since the chemical structure is the same, the psilocin starts working like the serotonin.
- You will feel an immediate change in your mood, muscle contractions and sensory perception. You may also notice auditory hallucinations, visual distortions and nervous euphoria.
- Some may feel anxious, while others may feel relaxed and elated.
- According to some others, they felt like leaving their body and becoming united with nature. If you’re spiritually inclined, these shrooms may induce an altered sense of reality.
- Your age and the type of mushrooms you use determine the effects that you experience after taking shrooms.
- Stay of Shrooms in your system highly depends on the quantity you will take.
- Physical effects of Shrooms include numbness in your limbs, dilation of your pupils, sweating, fatigue, an increased sensitivity to touch, loss of appetite, an increase in heart rate, hot flashes and frequent urination.
- You may also experience seeing vibrant colors and lights.
- As your senses become sharp, you may start noticing details in your surroundings clearer. Muscle spasms, nausea, cramps, diarrhea, upset stomach, cognitive impairment and vomiting after eating these magic mushrooms are also common.
How long do it stays in human body
The answer to this question depends on following factors like:
- Body’s metabolism rate because sometimes, your body breaks down psilocybin quickly sometimes don’t. Moreover, every individual has different metabolic rate.
- But in most cases though, you will have that hallucinogenic effect for about 3-6 hours.
- Your body starts absorbing the psilocybin right after you eat Shrooms. It reaches your blood stream within 20-40 minutes. The psilocybin will reach its highest concentration in your bloodstream in about 90 minutes or so.
- This is usually when you’re completely under the hallucinogenic effects of mushrooms.
- The psilocybin will remain detectable in your blood and urine even when you’re no longer under its effect.
- A urinary test can detect shrooms up to 2-5 days, and saliva test will detect the psilocybin up to 1-5 days.
- Hair drug tests are also available that can accurately detect shrooms use within 3 months. A hair test for psilocybin would likely involve collecting a sample of 20-50 hair follicles (at least 3 cm) from the head of a potential user.
Natural remedies to get Shrooms out from body
There may be some tricks that can be used to help clear psilocybin from your body bit quicker. Following are some tips that may help:
- First step is to stop using the Shrooms If you want to clear psilocybin (and psilocin) from your system as fast as possible.
- It is said that acidification of urine can substantially increase clearance of psilocybin (and psilocin).
Certain drugs and/or supplements may be useful for inducing activity of various liver enzymes that metabolize psilocybin.
- Since psilocybin metabolites are excreted via urine, so its important to maintain adequate hydration. It may optimize psilocybin clearance times.
- To do some exercise may increase your metabolism, which may have some impact on clearance of psilocybin metabolites.